The big split!

Well I never.........

I own a VERY small school that caters for children with developmental disabilities (started because there wasn't anything available for my son!).  We are on summer break at the moment and the school is sitting empty.  Thankfully I only live 5 minutes drive away!  The alarm went off at school today so I had to go and investigate - all was well, however, as I was checking the perimeter I came across our lovely strong sturdy fence....... which was no longer in place!!  See the photos!


The irony of it all is that my fence is made up of two parts, the left hand side is made of wooden slats (and is leaning heavily into the neighbours yard - I have tied the fence to a tree in our garden to keep it from collapsing!).  The right hand side is a relatively new fence - strong concrete posts and a thick wire mesh - a fence that should outlast the wooden slats! Right in the centre of these two fences (neighbours side) is a massive tree - which has now been divided into two pieces.......... and wouldn't you just believe it - typically the tree doesn't fall onto the dodgy fence!  Oh what to do, what to do!

Anyhow, I do tend to have an autism barometer (it's a visual one inside my head you understand!) and whenever anything happens to me I think of that barometer and decide whether the problem is small, medium or large.

I have come to the conclusion that this is just a little problem - and hey we can call it 'going back to nature', as in - we have a new fence and it just happens to be made of tree! :-)

1 comment:

  1. A perfect thing to study for Charlotte Mason types.

    I didn't know you owned your own school!

    WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x